Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sorry! Technology has not caught up with my school yet!

I want to apologize to all of those who have posted to my blog but did not get published. I receive an e-mail every time someone posts to the blog and from the e-mail I am supposed to publish it or moderate it. Everyone has been so supportive and I have not had to moderate any but I can't blog at my school. The page is blocked. If I open my mail at school sometimes I think, my Hotmail account will catch it (I have my school e-mail forwarded to my Hotmail as a back-up for reliability issues) and I will publish at home. Then when I get home I read and purge and in my stupidity I probably deleted some accidentally. Another problem is that I am not very blog aware and I may have messed something up. As far as blogging at school, for purposes of this class I am going to try to get this fixed. We in Ocean Springs have a very forward minded technology superintendent and I feel confident that if I talk to the right person in the tech dept. I can get the block lifted or access to my page. It is frustrating because I don't like to bring work home. I often stay at my school 2 hours after the last bus has rolled to get things done and I would hate to come home and have to stare at the computer at home. I am not whining and it is really against my better judgement to say this but it is just me and my small daughter and she deserves my full attention here at home. I know a lot of you are having the same frustrations so please comment about them so we can all share each other's pain!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Never feel badly about making your home time your own. I have always made the choice to give it all I have while I'm here but when I get home I belong to my family and me. If I don't do that, I'm not going to be effective at school anyway because I'll be thinking about what I should have done for my family. Your small daughter will be a grown daughter before you can blink your eyes. I know it sounds trite but they do grow up too fast, at least mine did. She's 22 now and on her own and I miss her every day but I don't regret time I didn't spend with her because I made that a priority. It sounds as if you, too, have made that commitment. Good for you...embrace it!

Shelly said...

Your school is NOT the only one that has not caught up with technology. I don't know of many that have. Luckily in the HCSD we have had a "generous" superintendent and each classroom has a computer in the room. But that is still only ONE computer per room. And the school's web sense blocks most everything that we need to get to do work for our class (or this online workshop). So don't worry about being technologically behind as far as your school goes.