Monday, September 24, 2007

Welcome! - Stupid name huh?

Let me start by explaining the name of my blog. My name is "Miesha". People have ALWAYS mispronounced it. It is a lot more common now than it was in the 70's. It is pronounced "My-E-sha". Even though it looks like "Me-sha" or "Me-E-sha" - oh well you get the point. One teacher decided to help the class remember my name by saying "YOUR-esha, MY-esha, HIS-esha, HER-esha..." and so on. The guys thought this was really cute. Well, today I thought it would be funny to introduce myself this way. I have never gotten "snippy" when people mispronounced my name. Actually I joke "I will answer to anything with an -esha on the end" and I'm serious, people who know me usually correct strangers we meet. Well now I am a teacher and I thought it was funny the way that rhymed. LOL!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Miesha, you can be our "Esha" teacher any day. You have done a great job with this and have helped me out with our class assignments so far. Keep it up and maybe we'll all be able to get through this and still have a few leaves left on the trees!

Just a comment about one of your little blips in your discussion--just because you are a first year teacher that you won't be able to do this after that! Take it from those of us that have been on the block for 25 years--we still are here, still teaching, still learning from you young whipper snappers, still able to squeeze it all in.

I was a trainer for Boy Scout leaders for a while. And one of the things that leaders always tell you is that they can't find parents to volunteer to be leaders or to help because they're too busy. How do we get them to help us or be leaders with us? My answer: I'd rather have a busy person anyday as you are able to organize your time and talents in such a manner that you get everything done. So I will say to you--You will be great at teaching, keeping things together and raising a family as you know how to organize your talents and time in such a manner to get everything done. Take it from experience; raising 3 children (walking across the stage for two different degrees while pregnant) while working full time and working on not one but two masters degrees; then as they got older keeping up with not only my own schedule but all three children's dance, ball, and cheerleading schedules and other activities. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Unknown said...

"Esha" - the one fun thing about blogs is that you are the author and finisher of your fate. This is a good example of a "do your own thing" blog - I will be checking back to see what you are going to share!

g.freeland said...

What a great looking account! I don't know how you did it! Mine is so plain. I am impressed!
g freeland

Mrs. Ashe said...

Love it! Good job!

S. Mueller said...

I am impressed by your blog. Since we had 2 days off, I have gone back 2 lessons and re-read some things, and now I am going back through the discussion board to get to people's blogs. Good job! susan mueller